The Westland Wessex was a three-engined airliner of the British manufacturer Westland Aircraft. It was founded in 1929 as the Westland IV, designed for four passengers and two pilots. In 1930 the engine was revised and renamed Westland Wessex rebuilt the two already completed Westland Westland Wessex IV.
In 1933, the last Wessex produced and the Egyptian air force delivered. A total of two Westland Wessex IV and eight were built.
Two aircraft were put into service in 1939 the Royal Air Force and used for navigation training of pilots.